[3830] RTTY Roundup N2QT SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N2QT SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 18:51:17 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  301
   40:  392
   20:  369
   15:  314
   10:  209
------------
Total: 1585  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 70  Total Score = 206,050

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I started the contest knowing I had a meeting on Sunday at 2200Z that would
cause me to miss the productive hours at the end of the contest.  So I didn't
set goals, or really have any plans except to get on and see how well the new
RTTYSkimers would work in the contest.  So I chased spots, ran a bit and just
wanted to get a 'respectable score'.  Now, about 18Z I got word that the
meeting was cancelled. So while I couldn't make up for early losses I pushed
on.
This does show how you just never know what will happen. Reading through the
comments section there are radios breaking, power outages, thunderstorms, and
icing so it's obvious things happen to others too.

The RTTYSkimerServer software was just released before the contest. It was
exciting to see me spotted by new and different skimmers as people tried it
out.  I've always liked running assisted, even in contests like RU where the
mults only count once, rather than once per band.

Well I made up some of my q shortfall by contest end, but still ended up 3.3%
down on q's compared to last year.  The spot chasing gained me two mults for a
score decrease of only 1.7% compared to last year. I did hook up for SO3R but
ended up not using it as I wasn't pushing for score, so it was just another
bandmap.

Radios Two Elecraft K3,  KX3
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at 54 ft
shunt fed tower on 80 M, dipole at 55 ft

All qso's uploaded to LOTW, and hope yours are too!