[3830] RTTY Roundup KE5OG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KE5OG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2015 02:11:09 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KE5OG
Operator(s): KE5OG
Station: KE5OG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:    0
   40:  231
   20:  332
   15:  339
   10:  237
------------
Total: 1139  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 37  Total Score = 105,927

Club:

Comments:

Mother Nature, and her pal Murphy, forgot it was RTTY
Roundup weekend. We had 4 straight days of snow,
freezing rain and sleet in normally balmy West
Texas. Saturday morning the sun came out,
trees and tree branches and ice started falling.

By the time the contest started, my 80 meter antenna
was on the ground. My Steppir became a 3-element
vertical but seemed to work pretty good anyway.

We suffered intermittent power outages for the
first few hours, but at least we had some power.
Windows 7 doesn't like being shut down ungracefully
so it was a pain trying to get it going again.

I think I did pretty well given the circumstances.
Seemed like lots of new RTTY ops. All in all it was
lots of fun once I got rolling.

Thanks for the Qs.