[3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 06:39:52 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.75

  160:    4     4
   80:   83    28
   40:  102    36
   20:   79    36
   15:   59    17
   10:   27    12
-------------------
Total:  354   133  Total Score = 47,082

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Snow Plow

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good and I made a few more QSO's this year than in
January of 2013 but had fewer multipliers and thus a lower score. Had a number
of interruptions that took me away from the rig but I got as close to 10 hours
of operating time as possible.  I really need to get some better antennas up.
Used the G5RV (up 25 feet) again for the entire contest but it does not do well
on 160.  However, I was glad to get whatever multipliers that I did get there
and was happy to see 10 meters open for a bit too.  It seemed like fewer
stations were on this year but that's probably just my low antennas making me
think that was the case. Good to work quite a few SMC call signs too!