[3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@K1PT) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N2NL(@K1PT) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 01:25:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N2NL
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: K1PT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

  160:    2     2
   80:   25    16
   40:   47    25
   20:   64    34
   15:  117    35
   10:   30    20
-------------------
Total:  285   132  Total Score = 37,620

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: FCG Pelicans

Comments:

Due to difficulties in putting up any sort of effective radiator here in
privatized military housing on Hickam Air Force Base, I turned to the idea of
setting up a remote station.  Fortunately, my former station host in my home
state of Florida was willing and open to the idea of setting up a station in
the 2nd operator position of his shack.  When I traveled home for the holidays,
I brought with me my Elecraft K-line and a Remoterig box.

It was really enjoyable to participate in one of my favorite contests from
"home" once again.  Pileups and DX contests were fun from Guam, but
after four years I really missed the domestic NAQP and Sprints.  Regretfully, I
could only operate part time due to other commitments.

The remote worked great in the first contest test-drive; I apologize for the
couple times when latency caused some mangling of sent CW.  It's still a
work-in-progress.

I can't thank Paul K1PT enough for allowing me to invade his shack via
cyberspace.  Setting up the remote has been an interesting learning experience
that opens up new opportunities for me, after 23 years of struggle to put up
antennas from various military housing areas which are effectively CC&R
neighborhoods.

73, Dave KH6/N2NL