[3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 02:15:33 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:   76    23
   80:  114    33
   40:  118    45
   20:   78    37
   15:   37    21
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  424   160  Total Score = 67,840

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Ravens

Comments:

In consideration of not starting until 2330Z, my strategy was to pound the high
bands to grab the easy mult's, even if rate might have been better on low
bands.  Two indications that this was a good idea: 1) I began with a CQ on 15M,
and first response was from a KL7;  2) Although QSOs were down 30 from previous
best effort (Jan 2013), mult's were up 19, and claimed score was up 3.8K
(5.9%).

Other thrills: 1) First time moving a mult (RI, from 80M to 160M), not counting
moving a local to 10M for MD mult. 2) Getting called by a JA on 15M (little
pistols make do with little thrills); 3) Needing only one repeat to copy
JESUISCHARLIE (actually copied it the first time, but could not believe it).

Biggest disappointment: How did I miss VA on 40M????