[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 07:47:25 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M KU5B KJ5T N5XJ
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   51    26
   80:  287    52
   40:  709    63
   20:  944    61
   15:  705    58
   10:  136    27
-------------------
Total: 2832   287  Total Score = 812,784

Club:

Team:

Comments:

As long as the station remains in tact we will continue to get together and make
some noise.  Pre-contest repairs: 80m beverage switching was totally messed up.
Found damage to control cable running to relay box in the field and a lot of
wires were touching things they should not be touching.  20m relay box
controller (and remember, all of this is homebrew design) was intermittent when
switching in more than one antenna.  An hour spent removing a bad toggle switch
and wiring a new one back in and all was well.
The team did a good job of using right-ear left-ear with dual vfo's to grab
some extra qsos when things got a little slow.
The first 6 hours were KJ5T, N5XJ and NX5M.  KU5B arrived a little after 0000z
because he had to perform at a concert during the afternoon but he brought in
the pizza dinner and did some quality work on 40 and 160.  Good thing he
brought the pizza....we were ready.  Those hamburgers we were eating just 5
minutes before the start were pretty much gone from our systems.
For some, please take a look at the rules.  ONE NAME only!
For the person who kept saying "here kitty kitty" to me on 80m....you
were amusing but you were also weak and if you were attempting to disrupt
me...you failed.  And to the person that was playing back our cq message on 20,
yes, it is irritating.  In our eyes this only makes you an unidentified idiot.
To those that behave like normal respectful human beings....thanks for your
time and effort to dial the bands and work all the participants.  Without you,
this would not be any fun at all.