[3830] NAQP SSB KT8K Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KT8K Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 02:14:03 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:   0      0
   80:   3      3
   40:  60     25
   20:   7      3
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  70     31  Total Score = 2,170

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Part

Comments:

Conditions here in SE MI were nowhere near as good as last weekend, but I tried.
 I could only put in 3 hours, and in the third hour my rate "fell off the
radio desk".  Then family stuff intervened and I didn't even get to the
100 Q's I set myself as a minimum.  I hope to do more next year.  I apologize
to my fellow Mad River club members for not contributing more, but thank them
for running a fun club and making the hobby a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks to those who listened hard for my flea power signal.  I could never get
a run going, though I tried a number of times.  There didn't seem to be as many
stations on as there were for the CW version, but maybe it was just spotty
conditions.
I'm looking forward to next time, though, and wish everyone Good Reception.  72
de kt8k - Tim

rig, etc.: Tentec Orion in diversity mode running 5W

antennas:
- 20/40/80m inverted vee at about 50 feet
-  tribander driven element vertical dipole at 60 feet (feedpoint height)
- 500 foot horizontal zig-zag loop (height varies from 15 to 70 feet)
- K9AY receiving loop