[3830] CQ160 CW K9DR Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K9DR Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:17:13 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K9DR
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 318  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 8  Total Score = 44,138

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Doubling the number of radials temporarily strung across the yard had two
benefits: 1. It seemed to help the DX potential a great deal.  Worked first AK,
JA and CT stations on 160. 2. No burglar could have made it across my yard in
the dark without hurting himself! Oops, better roll those babies up pronto
before I hurt somebody, or myself.

Worked all states except VT, RI and MS.  My home state of Wyoming not rare in
this contest...worked 5.  Worked KO7X and W7SE back-to-back in my first few
minutes on the air.  More than once, I've missed WY in a contest, even when
operating from there!

Equipment: IC756 Pro II, AL-811H, fed inner & outer of coax to 40/80 meter
trap dipole with apex at 55' against 12 radials run to property lines, none 1/4
wave long.  Feedpoint measured 11 + j50 Ohms at 1810 kHz.