[3830] CQ160 CW WO7V Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WO7V Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:18:16 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 133  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 3  Total Score = 12,218

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

I love this contest.  It is like no other.  You only have to stay up all night
and can sleep and do honey-do projects during the day.  My 43' vertical antenna
on 160m generally stinks although it is much improved since I put that matching
network at the base.  At least the antenna tuner can tune it now even though it
is very narrow and needs to be returned every few KHz.  Propagation is always
funny.  Signals will be loud one minute and fade away the next only to return
to Q5 copy later.  The conditions this year seemed to be better on the first
night and lacking on the second.  This may just be my imagination though.  My
effort was just a casual S&P.  It seems that most of the regulars were
there.  Funny thing after you run up and down the band a couple times you have
to be real careful about working dupes.  The key is to listen and make sure of
who you are about to call.  I always feel red-faced when they come back with
QSOB4 because I didn't hear their call right.  Fortunately it never happened
this year.  Looking forward to the day when I have a 4-square on 160.  In my
dreams perhaps.