[3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(@K8IA/N7RQ) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk8ia@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7AT(@K8IA/N7RQ) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:48:49 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7AT
Operator(s): K8IA KC7V W9CF
Station: K8IA/N7RQ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 1092  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 27  Total Score = 303,912

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Ten-Tec Orion II to Alpha 8410
Transmitting Antenna: Shunt fed tower (78') with 60 radials
Rx Antennae; Two K9AY systems spaced 125'; DHDL firing 325 deg (JA etc)

Just three long time contesters sharing time at one radio. Nothing fancy or
outstanding at this one acre, semi-urban location. We do have lots of fun and
push eachother to improve though. SO2V technique employed by all of us was a
big help.

Friday night was certainly better than Saturday night, to EU anyway. A short
but ok Eu opening then. Saturday nights Eu opening was very spotty and weak. On
the other hand, we worked 124 JA's which ranks right up there with the best JA
counts ever here on a weekend.

Absense of the powerlone noise(s, that have been prevalent here the past two
years, was a huge reason for our success. It's nice seeing the S-meter hovering
around S1-2 rather than S5-6!

Tnx for all the q's.

73, Bob K8IA
Arizona Outlaws Contest Club