[3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N7IR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 00:21:43 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 30

Total:  QSOs = 672  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 9  Total Score = 124,224

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The band was very noisy here Friday night and Saturday morning.  Some
combination of local consumer electronic crud and perhaps the storms over
Florida.  No European stations were worked or heard either night.  VE1ZZ was
the most distance station worked in that direction - slim pickings in general
on the DX front.  Other than the usual North American suspects PJ2T was the
only DX station worked towards the east.  To the west 54 JAs and a couple of
UA0s rounded out the DX.

The big treat of the weekend was the very strong opening to Japan on Sunday
morning.  I worked more JA stations in this one contest than the total of
different JA stations I worked in the 2009 through 2014 contests.  It was the
best 160 meter contest band opening I've experienced since the 2009 European
opening.

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.

73
Gary, N7IR