[3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KU8E Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:12:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:16

Total:  QSOs = 357  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 9  Total Score = 50,447

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP - 100 watts. Inverted L - 65 feet high with 3 full size elevated
radials.

Didn't get on until Saturday night. Looks like I picked the better night for
conditions based on the 3830 postings. Had some fun being "fresh
meat" and had the rate pretty high the first few hours I was on. Lots of
loud W6/W7 stations here in GA.

It's still pretty disappointing to try to work DX from this part of the
country. Almost impossible when running low power (except for CARR stations)
and it even sucks when you run high power too... except if you are W8JI!  There
seems to be some RF wall to EU from here even though GA is in the eastern US.
Very frustrating to call W1 stations and get beat out by EU stations calling
them. I have to chuckle when I read postings about you east coast guys talking
about working only a couple hundred EU stations and complaining how bad
conditions sucked! You guys have it made.

Heard several EU stations with good signals but most CQ'ed in my face. I did
manage to make it thru to IQ5TT and CS2F who came right back to me. Good ears
guys.

I can't imagine a making a big effort to operate any 160 contest seriously
considering how the rules favor those on the east coast or Canada. See you in
the next one to give you some points or to get my rate fix.

Jeff KU8E