[3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:22:58 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1011  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 49  Total Score = 364,284

Club: SmithChart Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Interesting and fun contest. Some random thoughts.
Storms off the NC/ SC coast Friday night/ Sat morning made copy to EU
difficult. Thanks to all that called and hung in there. HIGH QRN made it
difficult.

Storms quieted down Saturday but signals seemed down too. And it seemed like
the band died Sunday morning around 0700. However at our SR band very quiet and
had a couple JA stations call which was quite welcome. Nice opening! Just before
they called N7XM from NV called to complete WAS.

Found a fine terminator map from Google. Watching that and the reverse beacon
page for my call and a multi op station near by kept the slow times
interesting. Fun to watch as different spotting stations report the signal
strength. Showed me I have some work to do getting a stronger signal to the
west.

K7RAT was by far the strongest west coast signal. Way to go Tree! HUGE unruly
pile up for HV0A. I copied them for hours and hours but decided to wait for the
SR to jump in and call. Glad they hung with me to get the call right.

Of note, seemed there were few, in fact very few, clicky signals and rarely did
I have to move because someone came in close. Never reduced the K3 bw to less
then 300.

Just as the terminator was leaving France I got called by F4KF something. He
tried and tried but I never did pull out the full call. If you are reading
this, thanks very much for trying and sorry I couldn't complete.

145 10 point contacts which is down from previous years. 61 5 pointers (thanks
Canada!). Band was so quiet on Sunday I could easily still copy west coast
stations past 13:32 which is well into daylight for me. Early Sat evening heard
both TA3D and 4O5O but they never heard me and I couldn't find them later.

Used N1MM+ for second time since its release. What a tremendous program. My
thanks to the development team. I pity anyone trying to sell contest logging
software going up against this free program.

All in all a fun contest, even with the QRN. Can't do much about that!

K3
Alpha 91b
several beverages
105' shunt fed tower.