[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhawk@mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 04:56:51 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  218    41  Total Score = 14,719

Club:

Comments:

Mixed thoughts.
We're still having alligatoring problems after power upgrades.
Need to do work on our receive performance, as always. Still have
a bunch of work to do on 2m w/r/t that. Though it is cold.

On 2m, we added a fixed 5-element beam pointing SW with a remote
switch between that and our stacked pair of M2 432-9WLs. The fixed
beam is a broader pattern so it's potentially a better use of the
high power for calling purposes. Though honestly we have trouble deciding which
antenna to use when.

We also got a kW class amp up on 222, but because of driver limits and
protection issues, it's only running about 400W out. Still a big
improvement from 100W. More power later. Did you hear us but fail to work us?

1296 had a relay failure when we powered up the station on Saturday.
Didn't get around to fixing it until 2am Sunday morning.
We can make jokes about climbing the 320-foot tower in snow and ice,
but it wasn't really like that.

We were AWOL most of Sunday from 2am to 7pm.
I'm sure we missed out most of the good stuff.
Sorry about that guys (K1KG esp.)