[3830] CQ160 CW DL8ZAW Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frank@dl8zaw.de
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW DL8ZAW Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:29:46 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: DL8ZAW
Operator(s): DL8ZAW
Station: DL8ZAW

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: JO40nu
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 583  State/Prov = 7  Countries = 49  Total Score = 150,416

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

My first 160m contest with an inverted-L antenna (10m vertical). Works much
better than the low dipole, but I had much, much noise. I definitly need a
receiving system next time.
Propagation was very poor. I could even barely hear the big guns from the
East-Coast and had only 10 NA QSOs. That was much better (with the dipole) in
the last years. The whole band at my side sounds like it was full of permanent
key clicks. May be a problem of my receiver 8-(.

73, Frank, DL8ZAW