[3830] CQ160 CW 9A5Y Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW 9A5Y Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 19:47:00 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: 9A5Y
Operator(s): 9A3LG 9A7DX
Station: 9A5Y

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 1328  State/Prov = 27  Countries = 69  Total Score = 723,696

Club:

Comments:

Hi...

It was an interesting gathering on 160 and more fun than I expected ;)

We used this event to try out a new antenna for 160m, raised just a month ago.

Impression after the first night ware horible, we ware loud in EU but only 7 US
stn inlog, skimmer marks discover the reason for that. It was really frustrating
to lsn US Big guns and couldn't get them, not even "?" It felt like we
ware Low power or so :(
Second evning was much better and we ware more optimistic abt antenna. Our
signal to the east was good, and we menage to work almoust all DXCC which ware
readible under the QRM.
Conidix did improved 2nd night, so we work some US even with souch poor signal.

It was a snowy weekend, so we had some "power cut's". Especially last
evning (at least five times). But we ware not frustrating, our goal was to see
what we can do and what we build, and that was achived :)

Highlight's:

1st Hour ---- 187q

Working US on my CQ 2nd morning (concidering signal strengt It was something)

Good JAs RUN last evning ( abt 10min between power cut's :) )

69 DXCC in total (after first night it seemed to be a disaster)

Setup was pretty modest for today's MS standards

Two OPs
One old FT1000MP + PA
30m Vertical with 60 radial's
2 X 110m BVG