[3830] CQ160 CW F6GOX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, f6gox@free.fr
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW F6GOX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2015 03:37:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: F6GOX
Operator(s): F6GOX
Station: F6GOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FRANCE
Operating Time (hrs): 22

Total:  QSOs = 670  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 51  Total Score = 314,442

Club:

Comments:

A really surprising contest with unexpected score, 2.4 more than in 2011. This
is my first CQ160m contest from this location in country fields, far away from
the previous QTH in the noisy Paris! Warm thanks for C5X - a new scare one from
UK DXers in Gambia - , the five japaneese stations and BA7IO who is my first
chineese station on the top band. Propagation seems really good for me as I am
using a simple three wires inverted L quater wave antenna, 20m vertical and 20m
slope at 45 degrees. Thanks also for the patience of those who to need to repeat
their call sign in my heavy QRN with rain and static noise, occasional farmer
electric fence troubles, and especially no special low band receive antenna
system. I used my vertical or my tribander as receive antenna. With 22 hours on
30, and no receive antenna system, there are some improvements possible... See
you in 2016 !

Conditions are Yaesu FT-990 + INRAD 145Hz CW filter + PA + inverted L 1/4 wave
+ tribander.

Best 73 Laurent F6GOX.