[3830] NA Sprint CW K3TN HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3TN HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 05:37:18 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Remote Operation

   80:  101    1:25
   40:   97    1:25
   20:   92    1:10
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #1

Comments:

This was my first try at remote operation in a Sprint and I think the score is
Sprint (1) Remote (0). I screwed up right at the start - I changed all the
Fkeys to send the K4VV location of VA but forgot that the {EXCH} would send MD,
so stuck with sending MD the whole time rather than switch after I realized what
I was sending. The Internet speed/latency was fine but there is just enough
delay that it throws off the timing on jump balls.

Had one major crash of N1MM+/RemoteRig combination early on and never got going
on 20. I left the band early, which seemed like a big mistake once I got on 40
and saw the squeeze between Mexican RTTY and the K1N pileup. At least the QRO
PSK guys seemed to take the night off.

That meant I went to 80 early as well, but 80 was in great shape so it was fun
until the last few minutes when I was just warming up the ether with endless
CQs.

I worked all the mults I heard but there must have been more than 42 out
there...

Fun as always - next one will be a physically present effort, I think.