[3830] MnQP ND0C Multi-Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP ND0C Multi-Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 16:44:31 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Multi-Op QRP
QTH: Nobles Co.
Operating Time (hrs): 1.2

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:               33
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:      0        33  Mults = 21  Total Score = 693

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

My 7 year-old daughter, Kylee, was the op for this year in a limited-time
operation.  As always, we ran QRP (5 watts), but since I did the logging while
Kylee operated, that, of course, puts us in the "multi-single"
category.  We stayed on 20 and Kylee had a blast, handing out Nobles County to
33 out-of-state stations.

I have done very little operating in the last 5 months, and essentially no
contesting, with the exception of putting Kylee on the air, as she really loves
it.  I've done some serious introspection and tried to re-prioritize things a
bit.  I realized that the thrill of competing as well as all the plaques and
certificates don't mean much if I've compromised my time with my family.  - My
choice - not right for everybody.  I assume I will be back to DXing and in some
contests in the future, because I really do enjoy it, but with more moderation.
Right now I'm enjoy Kylee enjoying it, and hopefully she'll get her license in
the near future.

73,
Randy, ND0C