[3830] RTTY WPX ON3DI SOSB10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on3di@uba.be
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX ON3DI SOSB10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:55:57 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  489
------------

Club:

Comments:

Hi,

Normally during WW and WPX contests I go for a full effort but not this time.
It has been busy and I really needed my sleep so I decided to go for a single
band operation. The most logic band was 10m, no band restrictions for me and I
really like the band. The records on that band were doable.
Just one note about that, a bit pitty that the website of WPX RTTY isn't
updated....

I started the contest at 6u30 UTC on saturday, to early to call CQ so I did
some S&P, worked the usual UA and UT stations. Then the band was opening
and I called CQ, some JA stations came back always nice! Was also able to work
9M2TO and a really strong VK3JA (aka VK3TDX). Another strong signal and nice
multiplier was V55V.
Anyway it was hard to find a clear spot and call CQ with 50w. It was easier
above 28.120 but the respons there is littler....

Worked again the usual stations like LT0H, ZV2K, P49X and the first USA station
was NR4M, very strong. The most nice QSO on saturday was with FJ/WW2DX, new DXCC
for me. Good thing that he was working split.
Anyway the rates were fine in the afternoon with a pileup to USA, had fun.
I stopped at 18 hour UTC with 265 qso's.

On sunday started again around the some hour and worked directly VK6IR, nice
start! The goal was to work some more multipliers and some more nice DX; worked
VR2XMT, 9V1XX, A92AA, BV1EK, E21YDP, JR4OZR, ...
But then the rates dropped, hard to make QSO's....

Around noon I worked anyway FR4NT and DU3LA (new DXCC), who was weak...
I was hoping for 400-500 qso's, it depended on the pileup to USA. Found a clear
spot called CQ and worked VE2FK and WJ2D, who were spotting everyone except
me... But I had some luck when WA9HMN spotted me. Finally I had a real pileup!
Worked more stations then usual from CA.

The band was longer open then on saturday. At 19u30 UTC my contest was done
with 489 QSO's. I'm very satisfied and hoping for a nice result.

Contesting with 50w is doable but only when you have a clear spot, it's hard
between the high power stations and sometimes frustrating. You depend more on a
spot and that is also pitty. In my opinion 1500W for RTTY is too much....
Anyway tnx to R3QX, KC5FP, WA9HMN, WX1S, KE8M, WX6V and VA5AA for putting me on
the cluster.

Tnx for all the QSO's!

73,

ON3DI Pieter