[3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4pk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX W4PK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 21:01:47 +0000
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:45
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:   49
   40:   74
   20:  207
   15:  164
   10:  123
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had a commitment all day Saturday so I did not start the contest until
Saturday evening.

I have a SO2R setup and use N1MM+'s ESM feature where I "right-click"
in either of the two DI windows to control which radio transmits. I soon ran
into a problem where the last transmission confirming the exchange often would
not transmit the message but would go ahead and log it.  This would happen only
if I was in the midst of processing an exchange on one radio and I then would
"right click" in the other radio's DI window.  Otherwise if I did not
have anything going on in the other DI window the program would go ahead and
transmit the confirmation message normally.

I spent until about noon Sunday trying to find the problem but I finally gave
up and reverted back to classic N1MM.  Everything worked fine from that point
on and I had some good runs.

I also ran into this problem during the ARRL RU but it would only do this if I
was receiving a serial number from a foreign station AND I had another exchange
going on with the other radio.

My apologies to those of you I left hanging when I didn't send a confirmation
message.  However, I did have a button programed to send the "last
call" with a CFM message and I was able to confirm most of them when this
happened.

I did note that in addition to the usual polar flutter on the JA signals
flutter was present on several of the South American stations.

73, Sam W4PK