[3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WB5EIN@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT WB5EIN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 04:51:31 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Feb 19

Call: WB5EIN
Operator(s): WB5EIN
Station: WB5EIN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:  31     31
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     31  Total Score = 961

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Old School!

I was running manual tonight…even logging by paper.  Today, before the 1900z
event, my computer started acting crazy.  I had gotten some malware to attack
the thing.  So, after a repair attempt, it just wouldn't cooperate.  Doggone
Windoze machines!  (I'm a die-hard Mac user, but succumbed to buying a Lenovo
laptop simply to run N1MM+ and Morse Runner.)

So, while the crazy thing is trying to resurrect itself (it took 24 minutes for
N1MM+ to launch!)during the night, I decided to try the manual approach.

Some of you were disgruntled with me, because I could not run but 26 WPM, so I
sounded like somebody had bathed my paddles in molasses.

Many thanks for every one of you who gave me a Q tonight.  I'm looking forward
to getting back to normal, as I try to keep up with my good buddy, Gary Van
Winkle, K5KU, who usually runs 36-38 wpm…or N4ZZ or K0AF or NW2K or
W6SX…all great ops!

It was just terrific to work so many new members up in the 1400s!  We have a
vibrant community here.

Y'all be safe--and stay warm.

--Dr. Larry S Anderson, WB5EIN  #1327
Tupelo, MS (birthplace of Elvis)