[3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W4EF@dellroy.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:35:58 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   70   00:50
   40:  101   02:00
   20:   81   01:10
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Rig : Yaesu FT1000MP MK V
      Elecraft KPA-500 SSPA + KAT-500 Autotuner

         Antennas : 20M Spiderbeam at 48ft
                    40M Inverted-V at 37ft
                    80M 56ft Vertical

I did a full, but somewhat relaxed effort. In the better luck next time
department, I heard W0BH in Kansas several times, but I never connected with
him for the multiplier. I also missed Minnesota, which was just plain careless.
I heard several, but was convinced that I had already logged one when in reality
I had not (DOH!). I took advantage of the almost automatic antenna and band
switching capabilities of the Elecraft KPA-500 SSPA and KAT-500 Autotuner and
made more than two band changes (I say "almost automatic" because for
some reason the KAT-500 likes to autoswitch to the wrong antenna when I switch
bands).

Anyway, as usual, I was hoping for better numbers than I was able to achieve,
but it was still fun trying. I even made some progress on my station grounding
project while I was at the remote station site. My ground system is almost to
the point where I wouldn't be embarrassed to admit that I am the one who built
the station

See you all next time.