[3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0zr@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0ZR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:08:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0ZR
Operator(s): K0ZR
Station: K0ZR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Virginia
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   23    17
   80:  256    57
   40:  330    66
   20:  175    42
   15:  121    54
   10:  265    50
-------------------
Total: 1170   286  Total Score = 1,003,860

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

After getting off to a better start ( by 20%) than any previous year, my
operation came to a grinding halt when my remote 2 x 8 antenna switch developed
problems.  I suddenly lost three bands.  Later Saturday I found everything
working fine so apparently there is a cold solder joint in the control
circuitry ( stopped working at 1 F and worked fine at ~ 30 F ).  I operated
only a few more hours at the height of the day Sunday when temperatures were
warmer, but did not want to risk transmitting with 1.5 KW into an unknown load
when the temperatures were low.