[3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dougw9wi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W9WI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:21:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W9WI
Operator(s): W9WI
Station: W9WI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): many
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     5
   80:   24    20
   40:  135    50
   20:  261    78
   15:  393    82
   10:  302    77
-------------------
Total: 1120   312  Total Score = 1,048,320

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Not quite as good as last year but not bad.

Off to a slow start.  Weather stank.  40 wasn't working very well on Friday
night - SWR on the high rotatable dipole was sky high; Windom was working but
couldn't seem to raise anyone.  It got above freezing around sunrise Saturday,
clearing up that problem - but raising rain static on the high bands.  (not
that rain static early Saturday is a big deal as anyone I can't pull out the
QRN isn't going to be able to pull my QRP signal out of the QRM:) )  Rain
stopped Saturday afternoon & the QRN disappeared.

Best showing ever on 80.  *Nine* Europeans managed to copy my QRP signal.
Great work!

Lowlight: the number of stations not IDing.  The vast majority of the dupes in
this log were people who didn't bother to ID.