[3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craigbradley700@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KD9MS SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:23:15 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KD9MS
Operator(s): KD9MS
Station: KD9MS

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 24:23
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12    12
   80:   34    27
   40:  103    48
   20:  125    52
   15:  212    72
   10:  174    62
-------------------
Total:  660   273  Total Score = 540,540

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I wanted to try and beat my previous score...AND I DID!!! I beat my previous
high by 105,000 points! Had to work and Friday night we had an ice storm so I
had to lower my main tower so it wouldn't come down. Fortunately the ice was
gone by noon Saturday So I was ready to go!

Again, some of the OPS on this weekend were sending too fast, especially when
you consider the auroral flutter that was interfering with some over the pole
signals. I can't copy faster than about30 WPM without difficulty and I usually
try to send about 24 or 26. Its comfortable and I get a lot of first

Heard K9CT all over the place this weekend, a few other SMC'ers too but Craig
was the loudest. Also heard N4TZ and N1UR (who was in an incredible run) Nice
to find a frequency to run on, if I could run HI HI!

Score is all S&P no calling in this test. Lots of JA's and worked the same
ones on multiple bands. Finally got a good run of mults in the last hour with
PJ7AA and AL9A some of the last ones. Sorry about the couple of times when I
thought I was being called and it was another MS responded to. Couldn't find AK
on 10 in the last few minutes! Darn it!!! But I had fun and I'm worn out, but
refreshed. I think we all need a good ARRL DX weekend to forget about the world
and get into the WORLD if you know what I mean.

Take care and see y'all in the SSB!

73,
Craig KD9MS