[3830] ARRLDX CW KT8K SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW KT8K SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:39:27 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN82cg SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:   0      0
   20:  16     14
   15:  63     60
   10:  13     13
-------------------
Total:  92     87  Total Score = 24,012

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Poor planning on my part pretty much soaked up my weekend except for a few hours
Sunday afternoon, so I just went after multipliers when I had a few minutes here
or there.  Amazing conditions allowed nearly everyone I called to hear my 5
Watts.  Next time I hope to put in a more serious effort, but this was fun all
the same.

72 & best dx to all, and thanks for listening for my small signal.
- Tim, KT8K
rig: Tentec Orion at 5 Watts receiving in diversity mode, ancient XP laptop
running N1MM+
antennas: 20/40/80m inverted vee at 45 feet, 500 foot horizontal loop in the
trees fed with TV flat wire and a Z-11 autotuner, cushcraft A3 driven element
hanging vertically 60 feet up (at the feed point).  The vertical dipole was
used for all but one or two QSO's.