[3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 02:44:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    3     3
   80:   44    33
   40:   94    49
   20:   37    30
   15:   60    41
   10:  108    56
-------------------
Total:  346   212  Total Score = 220,056

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Couple of different focuses in this contest. 80 meters was one focus looking for
more LOTW DX, Hoping for a few more confirmations. Spent a lot of time
S&Ping for new ones on 80. Conditions Friday night seemed better than
Saturday night on 80.
Other focus was getting used to CW keying from contest logging program (N3FJP).
Had some minor issues at first with erratic keying speed affecting character
spacing. No serial (DB9) connector on computer so had to use USB to serial
adapter. Problem went away when I replaced the 2' adapter cable with a molded
together USB to DB9 connector. Sure made a difference in ease of operating via
a keyboard with lots of macros and a keyboard if needed for TXing! Why didn't I
do this a long time ago :)
Seemed like 80 and 160 were better Friday night, while 10 Saturday not as good
as Sunday.
Operated Single OP unlimited so I could find new DX for 80m. Also helped me get
comfortable operating with new keyer method and spotting. Ran sporadically to
try all new things together. I think I will feel more comfortable with the new
arrangement in the next CW contest. Still used the paddles on occasion when I
ran across stations running below 45wpm, or when I forgot I had a macro for
that!

operating conditions: Icom 756PROIII 100 watts. 2 element triband at 37', 80
meter OCF dipole for 40 and 80 at 35' and 67' 160m shortened half sloper at
35'.

73 Gene N9TF