[3830] ARRLDX CW K5YAA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K5YAA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 04:01:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    3     3
   80:    0     0
   40:  635    75
   20:  863    89
   15:  445    78
   10:  296    67
-------------------
Total: 2242   312  Total Score = 2,091,024

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

A Good start for checking out the new base station setup. I still have work to
do on antenna switching and the SO2R setup but enough was in place to make a go
at this one. Everything played well and not one problem was experienced. The new
antennas performed better than I had hoped for. Drained both 40 and 20 of
stations to work, or so it seemed from Oklahoma.

High SWR on 80 kept me off that band but I don't think I would have had much
time for it anyway as 40 kept me going all evening and into the early morning
hours. I used the four bands of 40/20/15 and 10. Several stations worked on all
four. 160 seemed really rather punk here even though it usually is with the
antenna I use for it. Made a total of 3 Qs on the band working one station each
time I made a visit to see if I could hear Europe.

The score is one of my better ones in any DX test.

Years have taken their toll but I managed to put in almost 36 hours and believe
I could have actually done all 48 with a little mental management but who's into
punishing themselves after being around for 70 years.

Thanks to all for the Qs and especially to the JA stations for what seemed
improved activity from the land of the rising sun.

73, Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, 3el 40 6el 20, 6el 15 and 8el 10. A Vee on 160.
N1MM Logging.