[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 13:20:35 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG WA9S K2PLF W0NB WI9WI W9VA NP2L
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  520    58
   80: 1124    59
   40: 1512    59
   20: 1677    60
   15: 1936    61
   10: 1868    60
-------------------
Total: 8637   357  Total Score = 9,250,277

Club: Caribbean Contesting Consortium

Comments:

We decided to do a Multi Multi Lite with four stations because we didn't have
enough crew to staff a full-up M/M.

We had tremendous fun with good band conditions and a great reunion of some of
the earliest members of the CCC gang, reaching back to 1997. We're getting
pretty old but can still put on a doggoned good operation.

The equipment was all perfect except a sometimes balky COM connection to the 20
meter transceiver. Writelog was flawless.

Thanks to K8WDN (SK) and his friend W9NJY for giving us his K3 after John's
death. It was our 160 and 15 meter rig. Also thanks to our member KB7Q for
picking up half of the new K3 we used on 80 and 10 and for doing the kit build
so quickly. We'll acquire more K3s as future resources permit.

It was a nuts weekend here in that my friend Ribert showed up very early
Saturday morning, unexpected, to demolish the house's west soffit and build a
new one. Dorothy and I had all of the materials and hardware on hand, all
primed, so by Sunday afternoon we had a new soffit and Geoff was dead running
between a radio and the roof helping to keep that project going. The ops had to
endure a lot of cutting and pounding and drilling racket in the shack all
weekend.

A huge thanks to Dorothy Dahlgren (W0CG's XYL) and to Annette (KA9DOC and
WI9WI's XYL) for feeding us superbly. This enabled us to focus on operating.

Thanks this year to the Canadians, who were on in force and activated
seldom-seen multipliers. They made the weekend a thrill when we were able to
put VE8, VY1, and even VO2 in the log.

Dang, the only hole in our expected multipliers was South Dakota on 160.

Thanks for the QSOs and for a fun fantasy weekend in the sun by the ocean.

     73,

           - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX