[3830] ARRLDX CW W0AIH M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW W0AIH M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 04:40:06 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): W0AIH NE9U K9GS M9CO KK9K KG2A K0TG W0UC K0TI
Station: W0AIH

Class: M/M HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   81    48
   80:  502    81
   40:  866   102
   20: 1827   123
   15: 1615   121
   10: 1075   117
-------------------
Total: 5966   592  Total Score = 10,505,040

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

We had a great run this weekend.  Scott, NE9U was pushing to break the old
station record set in 2002 and we did just that!

2002's record of 9.8 Million bit the dust to this year @ 10.5 million!

Everyone kept the radios humming!  Typically it is hard to staff the station
for the night shifts.  We had enough ops to keep 80 and 40 going all night as
well as 160.  It was a lot better than one guy running three rigs after EU
sunrise.

We set a couple of other station records:

-  The 40 meter QSO record set in 2002 of 829 fell this year @ 866
-  20 meters tied the mult count of 123 set in 2012
-  15 meters record of 116 mults set in 2014 was beat this year @ 121
-  10 meters 115 mult count set in 2001 fell to this years 117

The record was doubtful until the Sunday AM high band opening.  For 10 meters
EU was skew path all day.  So the numbers were not as good as they could have
been.  We had a report from another station only about 400 miles away (in IL)
that they were working EU normal path that day.  Disappointing...  Well, Sunday
the band was in great shape and the path was normal!  That sure helped the QSO
count improve a lot.

Thanks to Paul and Mary for another great time on the radio!

73, John  K0TG

http://www.qth.com/w0aih/