[3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW CR2X(OH2PM) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 18:02:03 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: CR2X
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: CR2X

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2131    60
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2131    60  Total Score = 383,400

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

There was a lot of maintenance work to be done during the week before the
contest. I had no time to put up 160 m antenna thus I had to give up the idea
of trying my luck, or better to say my testing my physical condition in SOAB.

The contest could not have started better. After four hours I had 707 QSOs and
55 multipliers in the log, missing only one state and four provinces. I cannot
remember such a four hour long rushed run ever before in a contest.
Well it was too good to be continued on a single band. During the rest 29 hours
that I was active I reached only once 100 QSO/hour and once 80 QSO/hour,
otherwise the rates were from 20-70. I am happy with the total but not with my
S&P skills. On Saturday evening when I found only VY2TT as a new one by
searching several times cross the band and not a beep of the missing
provinces.
Sunday searching produced no more provinces and just a handful of new calls.
This was my 5th ARRL DX Contest on CW from the Azores Is. Earlier I have done
it twice on 40 and once on 15 and a Mx2 together with OH2BH and OH2MM.

Again a very enjoyable and exciting contest as the ARRL DX Contests always are.
I am looking forward to hearing hear about CS2S's score, he was keeping me
going
(CQing) even when no one answered for a long time.

Thanks to all and cu in contests,  Pertti, OH2PM