[3830] NAQP RTTY W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:31:29 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

   80:
   40:  50     24
   20:
   15:   4      4
   10:  32     14
-------------------
Total:  86     42  Total Score = 3,612

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Last-minute decision to get on with very limited time.  I planned to return to
the station between family activities to operate some on each band to maximize
mults/score but things don't always work out as planned.

10M - No rotatable antennas, two Yagis beaming EU and one beaming AU/NZ.  Could
not break pileups, especially to KP4 and XE.  Left to watch grandson's
basketball game.

15M - After 4 Qs the shack lights dimmed and I heard thunder so I shut down and
went home again.

20M - Relief to see the RTTY band was still full of signals at 0430Z was
short-lived when I discovered that everyone was calling 3G0ZC at 14079.

40M - Poor print due to QRM/QRN.  K3 shut down for 15 mins with ERR PL1.

80M - No diddles on transmit.  Post-contest research suggests the K3 may have
been in the wrong digital mode on 80.  Finished out on 40 instead.

Having a second radio or using a radio with a sub-RX would have helped this
meager effort.  I couldn't generate much of a rate CQing even though I arrived
on every band late as fresh meat.

73,
-Mike, N7MH