[3830] CQ160 SSB OT6M(ON9CC) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB OT6M(ON9CC) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 22:34:28 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 482  State/Prov = 4  Countries = 49  Total Score = 128,790

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Due to coughing and a sour troat, I missed the first night but got up at 0600Z
and worked a handfull of stations, including HK1T barefoot!. Then I started at
about 1500Z and went to bed shortly after midnight local to catch 4,5 hours of
sleep. I then managed to work a handfull of north Americans (no VE). Heard K3ZM
but he was too high in QRG where my antenna isn't tuned.

Shortly after I started I had a visit from Murphy and the DSP-B board on my
IC-7800 gave up ... a known issue with the 7800 ... had this issue in the past
with the DSP board of RX-A so immediately recognised the issue. After a
cool-down and restart, RX-B came back.

General impression: well, it's 160m SSB contest ... that means digging out weak
stations in a really crowded band with adjacent 59+20dB signals close packed. I
had a good laugh when I got chased by a PA station living in DL who thinks he
is entitled to have a clear frequency below 1.900MHz and doesn't want any QRM
from neighbouring stations (duuuuh ...! LOL) ... so it was the fun of CQ160SSB
as usual :)

Others:
+ It was nice to make my friend Paul, ON2PCO's first QSO on 160m.
- Litte VE/W worked.
- I need to remember to swap the bathroom LED-spots with old-fashioned power
consuming halogen spots before the next 160m contest ;)

Setup: full-size dipole, IC-7800, ACOM2000, N1MM+

All QSO's recorded so drop me a note if you want the mp3 of our QSO.

73
Frank
ON9CC / OT6M