[3830] CQ160 SSB N4XD Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ron.e.spencer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB N4XD Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 13:14:09 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4XD
Operator(s): N4XD
Station: N4XD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 673  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 27  Total Score = 138,369

Club: Smithchart ARC

Comments:

Some random thoughts:

-Friday night/ Sat morning seemed much better to EU then Sat night/ Sunday
morning
-Quite a few somewhat to very distorted signals. I'd think some of these folks
would be embarrassed to hear them.
-I was surprised to hear several signals below 1840 at the start (and
throughout) the contest. I NEVER had any problem finding an opening about 1840.
Perhaps some folks can't tune the antenna above 1840??
-N6RK had an outstanding signal from the west coast. Loudest I heard by far
-The two stations that called in from Z16 were also quite loud. Congrats to
them too for excellent stations.
-N1MM+ again worked flawlessly. Thank you to the team that created it and
support it. Excellent program!
-Ground here in Pittsboro NC was still covered with frozen snow. It appeared to
help the signal (better ground plane??). I missed several of the western states
and AK, KH6. Was pretty amazed at some of the European signals. Loud and, in
some cases, easier to copy then stateside signals. Never thought it would be
possible to work 20 plus countries on SSB on top band.

Overall an enjoyable contest even though I prefer cw. Thanks to all
participants!