[3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB W1XX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 15:14:31 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 11.5

Total:  QSOs = 486  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 26  Total Score = 96,824

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Man, this was tough sledding (no pun intended, as we got another 8 inches of
snow).  Discovered right away that the beverages didn't work right.  The
all-important WEST beverage was useless...the SOUTH bev was noisy...used the EU
bev for almost all directions...weird.  A fix would have to wait til morning.
Trudging through 3 - 4 feet of snow on the back 40 woods found a couple of tree
branches on the wires...but day-2 proved no better.  Storm noise or what?

EU were few and far between.  The few loud ones had trouble hearing me and the
EU SR never really materialized.  The best I could get out of HV0A was
"QRZ W1" ... later he got chased off 1823 for apparently being
out-of-band. I thought Francis could operate anywhere he wanted?  No G, F, HB,
SP, S5 etc...few W6s and 7s....hard to believe.

On a good note, KH6CC did find me on my first SR.  Where was Lloyd?  And a loud
LU2DFK called in on the wee hours of morning-2.

Always nice to hear:  "Thanks for the new one."  73!  -- John, W1XX