[3830] ARRLDX SSB YU1AO SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB YU1AO SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 18:37:14 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: YU1AO
Operator(s): YU1AO
Station: YU1AO

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Ostra
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:  252    35
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  252    35  Total Score = 26,460

Club: SKY Contest Club

Comments:

TS930S, LPA 1400w, HalfSquare NW/SE, 177m Beverage NW

My country QTH was selected for many other reasons but contesting. This is not
best contest site with higher hills on almost all directions, but it can still
provide fun on the bands. After initial abuse on one 12m Spiderpole, it cracked
on Friday morning, leaving me few hours to repair and put the 19m structure back
in place, with little better construction design that stayed for the contest.

Poor condx from the start, bad fq range selection of new antenna made me
struggle with QRM on band edge, while everyone else from EU was smart to
operate lower in the band. This was corrected second night, and finally enjoyed
some decent runs, without interest of staying longer on Sunday evening for just
a couple more QSOs.

Thanks to all who called in, and those who spotted my fq.

73, Kele YU1AO