[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0MD SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0MD SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 19:19:53 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD
Station: K0MD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0
   80:   38    32
   40:   89    63
   20:   78    63
   15:   80    68
   10:  110    80
-------------------
Total:  395   306  Total Score = 362,610

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Limited operating time and tough conditions

Radio: Icom 7800
Amplifier: Acom 2000a
Antennas:
10-15: Force 12 4BA at 50 ft
20: Force 12 2 ele at 60 ft
40: Force 12 Magnum 240N at 110 ft fixed at 230 due to broken rotor
80: unresonant dipole (cut for CW Band)

My big yagi stack is inoperable largely due to rotor failure - the m2 Orion is
broken and the K0XG ring rotor is broken
The lower C49XR is not resonant - ? SWR issue

It was fun to work around the world on 40 with the Yagi fixed away from
population centers.

I got on to hear the signal strength of VP5H and ended up working him on 5
bands.

I appreciate everyone who pulled me out of the noise.

I love SSB contesting but not with compromised antennas.

The propagation was very good Saturday and it was miserable on Sunday with
notable exceptions of working Singapore and Thailand at 11 AM local time on 20
meters. Wow!

I continue to be surprised at some of the uncivil behavior of a small number of
contesters, one from VE7 in particular.

Lots of great multi-op stations on this time - PJ2T, ZF, P40, P49 to name a
few.

I especially enjoyed working several friends in Chile.

I hope next contest season will find me with all of the great antennas repaired
and in full force!

It is time for Spring to arrive in NA and we are more than ready.