[3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7M(NA2U) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cwman1@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KH7M(NA2U) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 02:39:56 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7M
Operator(s): NA2U
Station: KH6ZM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: HI
Operating Time (hrs): 38:22

  160:   24    11
   80:  241    45
   40:  529    56
   20: 1160    57
   15: 1067    58
   10: 1813    58
-------------------
Total: 4834   285  Total Score = 4,133,070

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Last year was my first time operating this contest in HI.  The solar indices
last year helped fuel my enthusiasm for doing it again.  Well, everyone knows
the numbers just weren't anything like that.  Talk about your mileage varying.
Just over 900 fewer Qs and 10 less mults.

I got a severe sore throat on our holiday African safari on Christmas Eve.  On
Christmas Day I had NO voice.  It's been almost 2.5 months now and I have not
yet returned to normal voice.  I keeps cracking when I talk.  It's like going
through puberty again (the voice part, anyway), but I digress.  In any case, I
need to make better use of recorded voice messages when I work with this volume
of Qs.  I always think my voice will last but by 1200 UTC Sunday my voice was
almost gone.  With only a 4 hour break it didn't fully recover and by the end
of the contest it was almost gone again.  I don't know how to integrate them
when using such high rates and it only slows me down.  Note to self.

Still learning propagation and operating from Hawaii.  ARRL is easier from here
than CQWW but that does not mean it is easy.  Lots to consider.  And I only
reinforced my need for more sleep as the lack thereof led to a considerable
amount of blithering.

Murphy was out of town this weekend so no problems with anything
equipment-wise.  Everthing worked.

What is up with these cretinous miscreants who come out from under their
bridges at contest time and insist on whistling or making other kinds of noises
on frequencies in use.  Their signals are never weak.  Enough of that already.

It's always fun to work friends back in the states.

The end of the contest signals that my imminent departure for home, and my
ground-mounted screwdriver antenna, is near.  Spending 20 days in Hawaii has
been special.  A big 'mahalo' goes to my hosts Max, KH6ZM, and his XYL, Kathy,
for their hospitality and providing the use of their station.

73 and aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii.

Fred/NA2U