[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 05:22:36 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 27.8

  160:    0     0
   80:    4     3
   40:   20     9
   20:   82    39
   15:  143    58
   10:  178    53
-------------------
Total:  427   162  Total Score = 207,522

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:

Radio: Elecraft K-2  5 Watts

Antennas:

10-15-20 Three el SteppIR up 10 meters
40-80 Butternut HF-2V vertical with 3 radials

This was a very trouble free contest. ...Murphy must have lost my address this
time.  Conditions were decent, but conditions to Europe were much better here
on Sunday than on Saturday, especially on 10 meters ...and that helped a lot.

My best Q of the contest was T32AZ on 80 Meters. I am usually lucky to get XE,
KH6, and KL7 on 80!

40 M was pretty ordinary. As usual, I never got into Europe but did work a good
number of JAs.

20 M had a nice surprise with an late Friday night opening into Europe for ES,
HG, I and HA. I also was surprised to work ZS6RJ and ZS1TMJ. That is a long
haul for my 5 watts from out here in San Diego, and I can only work ZS on 20 M
near the top of the cycle.

15 M and 10 M opened into Europe much better on Sunday. On 10 M, I only had 11
Qs into Europe on Saturday, but I managed 40 on Sunday.

My DXCC was 69 (without W or VE).  I did not do any CQing in this contest
because conditions were just not good enough. I had about 100 less Qs than in
2014 and my score was about 30% less. But all it takes is a few remarkable Qs
to make it all worth it!

See you in the WPX SSB!   73,  Bill  W8QZA / W6QU