[3830] ARRLDX SSB W6WB M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radio@kx7m.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W6WB M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 06:09:43 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6WB
Operator(s): JK3DAG G0CKV OH1VR W6LD KX7M W6NV
Station: W6WB

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   23    17
   80:  149    48
   40:  838    84
   20:  707   107
   15: 1214   111
   10:  732    85
-------------------
Total: 3663   452  Total Score = 4,895,160

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great start on 10 and 15m for the first 2 hours, then continued into the night
with decent 20m and superb 40m runs, to stay way ahead of our last year’s
effort. Once the sun got out on Saturday morning, and we could not get any EU
run for an hour after the usual time, we knew it is going to be a long
struggle. Things got even worse at 22z when 20 and 15m got quiet. The news from
space weather.com confirmed the AR2297 flare eruption causing a HF blackout
centered on Pacific. Things recovered a bit in an hour, but it was a struggle
with A-index of 20 throughout the end of the contest. One decent run on 15m on
Sunday morning, and some JA runs in the last hour.
We still managed to beat our last year’s score by 20 QSOs and a dozen
multipliers. Great work by our EU crew, mostly Kazu, who was responsible for
probably 50% of the all the contacts.

Wireless contesters operating in 2015 from Sunol Ridge:
JK3DAG, G0CKV, OH1VR, W6LD, KX7M, W6NV

Thanks to all who worked us and especially those who were worked on 6 bands:
8P5A TI5M PJ4G PJ2T P49Y TI5W
NP2X T46A 6Y2M V26M KH7M YN2AA
ZF2DX KL7RA KH7XX C6ATF VP9/W6PH C6ANA