[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1UE(@W1KM) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 14:38:04 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1UE
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1KM

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: ma
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   26    22
   80:  155    62
   40:  257    76
   20:  477    86
   15:  508    78
   10: 1008    87
-------------------
Total: 2431   411  Total Score = 2,997,423

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It was a strange weekend!  Even with great low band antennas, I could never
really get anything going on the low bands.  It seemed like there was an
invisible shield just east of Poland; Russians, usually plentiful, seemed to be
rare on the low bands.  40m is probably the SSB band that I hate the most;
stuffing everyone worldwide into 75kHz is simply loony.  On 40m, I would get a
good frequency, get spotted in 2-5 minutes, then get a rate of 250 for 10
minutes, followed by a rate of 50 for 10 minutes, then a rate of 5 for the next
40 minutes.  Ops that did drop by said the frequency was good, my signal was
loud, but it seemed that there was no one home in my signal footprint in
Europe.

Nice LP score by Bob WA1Z.  Hopefully, 200K is enough of a cushion to hold up
to the log checkers!

Still, a good day doing SSB contesting beats a day of shoveling snow off the
roof!  Thanks to all that participated, and particularly to Greg W1KM who
allowed me to use his KB station.

Dennis W1UE