[3830] ARRLDX SSB KK4TXZ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KK4TXZ@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KK4TXZ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 01:42:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KK4TXZ
Operator(s): KK4TXZ
Station: KK4TXZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Rincon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:    1     1
   40:   66    38
   20:  133    62
   15:  112    57
   10:  187    60
-------------------
Total:  499   218  Total Score = 325,692

Club:

Comments:

This was the first time I participated in this contest, and since I'm a rookie
operator, I wasn't sure what to expect. I did have some cordial QSO's with some
op's prior to the contest start, but when it kicked off, the airwaves went
abuzz! I've participated in a few club contests, and other field day
operations, but decided that I would give this one a try, and I'm glad I did.
The day of, I asked two other ops to come to the QTH, and help me temporarily
raise a tower in my back yard, to try out a new antenna. As it turned out, I
was better off with what I had been using, so I just changed out the coax
around midnight EST on Saturday.

I wanted to work at least 200 countries, and I had no problem achieving this
goal. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able to work Guam, but toward
the end of the contest, I was finally able to get through, as 10m opened up. I
had several firsts: working PX5E on 20 & 40 immediately, VK3VTH and I
working each other on 100 watts (over 9,800 mi away!), T32AZ being ever so
faint on my end, but hearing me on the first call, and then working
back-to-back two PU2 stations that were only using 5 watts!

I've got several other contests marked on my calendar, and look forward to
making many more QSO's, with other ops.

73 de KK4TXZ