[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1DYJ SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 15:19:00 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:
   80:   19    16
   40:   48    32
   20:  195    76
   15:  195    73
   10:  155    71
-------------------
Total:  612   268  Total Score = 492,048

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Logger: N3FJP ARRL International DX Contest Log Ver 3.8
Number of DXCC entities: 94  (including 2 ATNO's)

Rig: TS-2000
 Antennas:
    80M / 40M - Alpha Delta DX-DD at 7M (yes, too low)
    20M - HB Moxon at 12M
    15M - HB Rotatable dipole at 11M (yes, too simple)
    10M - HB 5 el yagi at 10M

My goals for this one were:
        1) Personal best
        2) Points for YCCC
        3) Reach 1M points in "big four"
I met the first two, and if my error rate is as
expected, I met the third one as well.

After my recent experience with the CW contests (CW
is new for me,) I realized how much better running
assisted is for "click & pounce" operating.
I also, for the first time, finally got VOX to work
for me, and I bought a new and more comfortable set of
headphones.

I probably should have tried running on 10M, but I
was having too much fun gathering mults on all bands.

I keep telling myself I have to upgrade my 80/40/15 antennas,
but we expect to sell this house so I am putting my
efforts into our place in Maine.  (Anyone want to buy
a "ham friendly" house in Woburn?)

73 - Larry - W1DYJ