[3830] LaQP NO5W(@NO5W/M) RoverCW-Dig LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] LaQP NO5W(@NO5W/M) RoverCW-Dig LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 19:30:14 +0000
                    Louisiana QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): K1DW NO5W
Station: NO5W/M

Class: RoverCW-Dig LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:
   40:     99                 34
   20:    702                 47
   15:      7                  6
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:    808       0         84           0  Total Score = 282,434

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

The above score includes 1250 points for activating 25 parishes.

K3/100, HIQ-4/80, 2002 Pathfinder, CQ/X 1.8.0.8

After several weeks of continuous rain and cold it was good to be out and about
in the LaQP on a sunny and warm Saturday trying to keep the run rate up while
dodging potholes, bouncing along some of Louisiana's finest roads, listening to
massive power line noise, and navigating the back roads of Louisiana. Picking up
Dallas-K1DW near Folsom around 1330z we had the navigation and logging computers
up and running by 1340z and headed out to our first stop just inside the
southwest corner of Washington parish arriving just a few minutes before the
starting bell.

At the start of these QSO parties there's always a concern of whether all the
right gear is in the vehicle, whether everything will work as planned, and will
there be a crowd of frequent callers to keep us company during the 400+ miles
making the trip and preparations worthwhile. Having used the mobile for many of
the CWOps CWT contests recently I was pretty confident about the performance of
the radio stuff but you never know for sure about propagation and activity.
After a few CQs on 40m we had NA4K in the log at 1401 and by 1420 twenty more,
about half on 40m and half on 20m. So with things looking promising on two
bands we moved on to Tangipahoa parish spending a little extra time in that one
due to the driver missing a turn from I-55 to LA40. Fortunately that was the
only missed turn all day and we were able to keep very close to the published
schedule and out of the sink holes and bayous.

Here's how it went on a parish by parish basis:
Parish             QSOs 10-Min-Rate FirstInLog
Assumption          72     156        W7OM
Orleans             65     150        WB4UNS
Ascension           52     168        K4BAI
St.Bernard          52     162        W8CAG
West Baton Rouge    47      90        W5PF
Terrebonne          41     162        W4NZ
St.James            41     102        K5KG/M
St.Mary             39     132        K3TN
Tangipahoa          33      90        N1LN
St.Martin           32      96        NF0N
St.John the Baptist 31     168        PA3ARM
St.Tammany          29     150        KI0I
St.Charles          28     114        WB0PYF
EastFeliciana       27      84        WI0WA
Iberia              27     156        K9NW
Plaquemines         26     126        WB0PYF
Livingston          26      72        N1LN
Iberville           25      96        K9NW
West Feliciana      25     120        AD1C
Lafourche           23     102        W8WVU
Pointe Coupee       23      96        K7REL
Washington          21      72        NA4K
Jefferson           19     108        W1END
St.Helena           19      66        W1END
East Baton Rouge     9      48        WB0PYF

Thanks to the following for keeping us company and accounting for half of our
QSOs: OM2VL(27), W1END(21), WB0PYF(21), WN4AFP(17), K0HNC(17), W1DWA(17),
W7OM(16), DL5AWI(16),KC3X(16), AD1C(14), K9NW(14), N3RM(14), N8OT(14),
N3RJ(14), WM1K(13), NA4K(12),W0EAR(12), WA9LEY(12), K0PC(12), KJ4IWZ(12),
W8WVU(12), VA3ATT(12), W2CVW(12), NU0Q(11), N4RS(11), N1LN(11), W9GHX(11),
W8CAG(11), K0PFV(11), N3KR(10).

Congratulations to Matt-K5UQ for keeping SE LA well-represented on the SSB side
of the LaQP. A few weeks before the party we met for Sunday breakfast to discuss
rover operation and answer a few questions about CQ/X. From Matt's excellent
solo results it sure looks like he took the ball and ran with it and most
importantly had enough fun to try it again.

Thanks to Dallas for doing most of the driving while I had fun on the radio and
to Lynda and Dallas for hosting me on Saturday night.

Coming up there's MS QP in a few weeks. Hope to CU again in that one from many
counties in southern MS.

73

Chuck-NO5W
Dallas-K1DW