[3830] Commonwealth VO2AAA(VO1AU) Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VO2AAA(VO1AU) Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 01:29:22 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VO2AAA
Operator(s): VO1AU
Station: VO2AAA

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH: Labrador City
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  107
   40:  225
   20:  246
   15:  208
   10:   41
------------
Total:  827  Total Score = 7,975

Club:

Comments:

Bonuses: 80m-28; 40m-42; 20m-46; 15m-39; 10m-20

This was my third BERU operation from the VO2WL club station in Labrador City.
Thank you to Naz VO2NS, his wife Carolyn and the members of the Hams of Western
Labrador (HOWL) for their hospitality and encouragement.

The biggest problem here is industrial noise.  Lab City is a mining town, and I
can really tell.  The S-meter never rested below s3, and was often up at s7.
Frank VO1HP sent me an audio clip that demonstrates the problem: I kept calling
CQs even when moderately strong Gs would call me.  I just couldn't hear them.

My plan for 2016 is to operate from my new QTH in VE9-land.

73,

Dave VO2AAA/VO1AU/VE3AAQ and VE9CB