[3830] Rus DX K5WA SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@comcasy.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX K5WA SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:12:36 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Yexas
Operating Time (hrs): 23
Radios: SO2R

  160:   24     0         8         0
   80:   81     0        35         2
   40:  242     0        65        22
   20:  254     0        64        32
   15:  265     0        72        26
   10:   29     0        19         0
Total:  895     0       263        82  Total Score = 1,413,810

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I think that was the first time I've entered the RDX.  Conditions were pretty
bad but tried to hang in there as much as possible to give the station a good
work out and see how these new Elecraft SYNTH boards performed.  I think they
worked great but they couldn't keep key clicks from K5YAA out.  ;-)  I hope
Jerry figures out what is wrong because that was really bad.

I had a nice compliment from NQ4I during the contest when he said I was
"80 over" on 80 or 160 (I believe).  Unfortunately, I must have been
80 under in Russia because it was tough sledding from down here on 10, 80 and
160.  There seemed to be polar flutter on 40 when working the Caribbean and
Brazil but maybe they pointed their antennas south.  Don't know but it was
weird and made for a long weekend.  I knew it was a rough go down here when I
found myself ~100 Qs in front of N5AW.  That NEVER happens even though he is
always in LP and I'm usually HP!  He is the gold standard around here but I
think he must have had other things going on this weekend and probably couldn't
put in a full effort but I'll forget that part when I retell the battle stories
in future years.  ;-)

Thanks to the Russians for the contest.

73,
Bob K5WA