[3830] VaQP N8II SOAB/MixedFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] VaQP N8II SOAB/MixedFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 18:11:14 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.6

  160:    0      0
   80:   17     44
   40:   30    118
   20:    6      8
   15:    1      2
   10:    2      2
    6:    1      1
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   57    175      0  Mults = 81  Total Score = 27,216

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My time was quite limited, only about 50 QSO's on Saturday. I spent all Saturday
from 1515Z until 2030Z looking for goodies with friend at flea market, 2nd hand
store, and antique mall. Then, I was too tired to operate much that evening.
Conditions were halfway decent despite the very high K index Saturday, but oh
my goodness Sunday, absolutely no prop to VA on 40 until about 16-17Z with
normally strong signals returning around 20Z despite a low K index of 1 at 18Z.
OK stations were pretty easy to work on 40 until 15Z, so the ionosphere had
really taken a hit.

There was a very good mobile SSB turnout, but I was too busy playing catch up
running stations on 40 phone once the mobiles could finally be heard to try and
catch nearly all of their counties. Thanks to mobiles K4EG, KJ4AOP, and AB4YK
for several rare cities/counties and to a passel of others for a couple of
QSO's. K1HTV and I ran thru the bands except 160 to populate the band QSO's and
 line of sight KW4VA partially did the same. Between Rich and Mark, K4SO,
Culpepper county should have been in every log. I worked almost all of the
nearby NW VA counties which I thought nearly impossible before 40 meters opened
Sunday including, WIX, FRE, CLA, SHE, MAD, LSA, FLU, PAG, RAP, LDN, PRW, FAU,
RHM, and WAX. Skip stayed quite short on 40 until sunset which helped a lot
with my near the VA border QTH. KJ4OAP put Buena Vista city on the air (first
time ever worked) which brought back fond memories of a visit to there, Goshen
Pass (Maury river gorge), Lexington, and the Blue Ridge Parkway last Spring.
There is some spectacular scenery in that area!
It was a very fun event overall which was hurt by the poor conditions half of
Sunday. It was nice to hear all of the mobiles. This was probably my best score
ever in VQP. Thanks for the QSO's.

73, Jeff