[3830] WPX SSB ND0C SOAB(TS) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB ND0C SOAB(TS) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:41:11 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB(TS) QRP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:    7
   40:   47
   20:   93
   15:  176
   10:   89
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was a relatively casual effort with a lot of time off for family and church
activities.  Over-all the going seemed pretty rough from here.  Nothing was easy
and 20 was definitely hard work.  Sunday was definitely more challenging than
Saturday.  The vast majority of the contacts were S&P - could never get any
real runs going, even for stateside.

This was my first real contest effort in a year and the first one with the
FTdx3000.  I'm sure a lot of folks feel I'm under-utilizing it at just 5 watts
output and maybe others feel it is too expensive to use as a dedicated QRP rig,
but I really enjoy all the nice features it offers, both for contesting and
DXing

Station:
   Rig: Yaesu FTdx3000 - 5 watts output, Heil Proset headset/mic
   Antennas: Cycle 24 TX38 triband Yagi at 40'; Cushcraft D-40 dipole at 42';
wire dipole at 38'

73,
Randy, ND0C