[3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT4ZB SO(A)AB(TS) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:05:47 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 33.5

------------
  160:
   80:    9
   40:  188
   20:  415
   15:  436
   10:  299
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

What a difference a year makes. Moreover, this was like two contests in one for
me. Friday night and Saturday conditions were good to very good. But Sunday was
brutal. Both 10 m and 15 m were barely responsive. So I ended up taking some
time off to visit with my wife's friends who were in town for the weekend. As a
result I left some time on the table. Fortunately, conditions improved late in
the afternoon and I was able to work a good number of South American stations
on 10 m to add to the one pointers that I got in the US. All totals were down
from last year and that will be so for the next few years. Probably 80 percent
S&P with best hour at only 66; best run rate was 99.

I put a new horizontal loop up just before the contest and discovered that a
contest is probably not the best time to try it out. My 40 m dipole seemed
strong on 40 so I stayed with that for most of the contest. I did drop down to
80 m for a little while and used the loop for a few contacts. I do know it
works as I found KH7XX in Hawaii on Sunday morning. Also for the first time
ever, I had an unknown problem with N1MM. A mysterious letter D would appear in
an entry window and the Available Mult window would sometimes work and then not
work after changing bands. The program also crashed several times during the
weekend.

The DX was very good with Saudi Arabia, China, India, Israel, Turkey, Korea,
Samoa, Cook Islands, New Caledonia (2 bands), Vatican, San Marino, Mongolia,
Malawi, some nifty UA's and UN's and working 35 JA's from Southeast Georgia
added to the fun of low power contesting. And, you got to love scone of those
lengthy prefixes like DX65DARC.

WPX is probably my favorite contest and I always have a fun time.  Thanks to
everyone for hearing me and working to get my exchange.  Also, thanks to CQ and
the contest committee for all their work.

Best �" Jere

FT 1000-MP Field, TH6-DXX, dipole and loop in the trees and N1MM+.